Websites are the best way to represent something to the online world. And registering a domain is the very first step to establishing a website. Domain registration itself does not call for any expertise at all. However, if you want to find the right domain, you have to follow a few simple steps.
Why do you really need a right domain name?
In short, how many website names do you in fact remember? If you are asked to name some of the websites, you will probably say Facebook, Twitter and some other reputed domain names.
You are actually looking forward to setting up a website and pondering over the initial issues. So, it is vital that you select a domain name which is short, brandable and catchy at the same time. Here, we are going to elaborate on a number of domain registration methods regarding different platforms.
Things you must prioritize while naming the domain:
- Shortness: People comfortably remember short names. Moreover, it saves you useless effort in typing. Domain names perform better if it is held within 2-3 words.
- Elementary: Choose a word which is highly familiar to your visitors. Common names increase the possibility of smooth recollection. Besides, there is little scope for spelling mistakes.
- Keywords: Keywords are the basic facts and carry huge significance in the domain naming process. If you can bring a match between a relevant word and the keyword, users will have an easy time identifying it. You will go a step ahead if a keyword is the domain name.
- Brand name: Brand names should be the domain name as it is the best practice. We prefer it for your website. Ultimately, you have to establish the domain name as your brand. So, there goes the significance.
- Avoid digit: Domain name should not include digits as it interrupts fluent typing of the users. In addition, it becomes very difficult for them to remember the name.
- Trends: Using articles such as ‘a’ and ‘the’ before a brand name will bring you some extra benefits.
5 easiest and secure platform where you can register your domain:
- Google Domains
Two vital factors played the most important roles behind the success of Namecheap since they started their journey in 2004. Those factors boil down to super affordable pricing and incomparable customer support. Namecheap domain purchase process goes hyper easy and we can easily take a glance into it within seconds.
If the domain name is available, it will show along with the price. They will show the searched item together with a bunch of related domain names. Then you have to click on the ‘add to cart’ button and make the payment. This is the whole domain purchasing system on this platform.
Godaddy is among the leading companies of the world that facilitates domain registration. There are a few simple steps for you to follow. I am showing those sequential steps to you using screenshots. First, you have to go to their domain registration page.
If your domain name is available for purchase, Godaddy will mark it as shown in the screenshot. You must frequently check the domain name spelling before jumping onto the next page. You may click on the ‘add to cart’ option in case you are satisfied with everything until now.
Now, you are going to face a few choices such as-
- Privacy protection
- Ultimate protection and security
If you want to opt out of both these above options, you can click on ‘no thanks’. It will save you a few bucks.
- No thanks
Now, you may select the ‘continue to cart’ button.
You will see a number of preferences. You can opt for more than one year as well. This page will also facilitate domain privacy option. But you may ignore if you do not need it.
Click on the ‘create account’ button and create an account with personal or business email.